About Us Carolina Medical Consultants
- Please call 803-366-7175 to schedule an appointment.
- Appointments are available between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday and 9am to 12pm on Saturday.
- Same day urgent visits are available BY APPOINTMENT.
- Our Physicians make every effort to remain on schedule, but please be patient if an unforeseen emergency causes a delay.
- If you are taking any medications, please bring them with you to each visit.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time and be prepared to present your insurance information.
- New patients are asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to their appointment to complete paperwork.
- If you are not able to keep your appointment, please call our office 24 hours in advance. You may be billed for appointments not cancelled.
- We welcome and understand the need for patients to call our office with health related questions.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please do not call our office, but call 911 immediately or proceed to your nearest emergency room.
- Our telephone policy is designed to reduce interruptions in patient care throughout the workday.
- All health related messages are triaged by our phone nurse and relayed to the physician.
- Please allow 24 to 48 hours for a response to non-emergent calls.
- Messages deemed as “urgent” will be handled promptly.
- Please check with your pharmacy first to check to see if your prescription has been called in.
- Please remember to request needed prescriptions at your visit with the physician to last until your next visit.
- Make sure to bring your medication bottles with you or a detailed list of your medications to EVERY visit.
- Please make our staff aware of any changes in pharmacy or prescription drug plan.
- Please give our office 48 hours notice if your prescription needs a refill. Same day refill requests may require an office visit or nurse visit.
- Due to new Federal guidelines, our office will be ePrescribing (https://www.cms.gov/EPrescribing/) MOST prescriptions to your pharmacy. This means you will not receive a printed prescription at your visit. Some medications still require printed prescriptions.
- At physician discretion, some refills will require a nurse or doctor visit and those visits are limited to regular office hours.
- It is a patient’s responsibility to bring in their current drug formulary for their specific prescription plan. Our physicians will make every effort to utilize those formularies in your treatment plan. If your diagnosis requires a medication that is not on your drug formulary, and your insurance requires a Prior Authorization, a nurse visit will be required to complete that paperwork.
- In the event of an emergency, one of our physicians is on call 24 hours per day.
- If you experience a true emergency, call 911.
- If you feel you need to contact our physicians after office hours, call 803-366-7175 and our answering service will take the necessary information. The physician will be contacted and return your call promptly.
- We ask that you always contact our physician prior to going to the Emergency Room, (except in cases of emergency). Our physicians can then notify the Emergency Room to facilitate the evaluation and improve continuity of care.
311 Glenwood Drive, Rock Hill, SC 29732 · phone 803.366.7175 · fax 803.366.0529